View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 06:50 AM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by GucciBoy View Post
Cut the guy some slack. He's been too busy queeping out for the last 20 years to have done much research into the process. He's not being arrogant if he genuinely doesn't know about the process.
+1 on this and the rest of Gucci's advice.

Next year will come fast - You have a great opportunity to prepare slowly and methodically so you'll be ready when the time comes. Don't assume you'll stand out simply based on your quals and do whatever is within your means to network and make yourself as marketable as possible. Something to keep in the back of your mind - very little in your USAF career is going to relate to the experience that awaits you over the next couple of years. Be a sponge - be open minded and get as much info from those who have gone before you as possible. Emerald Coast is a must.

I was trying to get hired in the boom of the late 90's. Normal quals for a 10 year fighter guy. Did the hiring conferences, networked with bros, applied to a regional, did interview/sim prep, etc. Submitted my app to UAL June and heard from them by November.........of the following year!!
Got the call from Delta over a year after app submission when I was already on the line at UAL - never heard a peep from AA.

It's a marathon - not a sprint.