Thread: Emirates hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 11:01 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Beware. Its not what it seems beneath the surface. Juniors don't layover any place but back at your base. You fly out or back which ever, but either way the front end swaps out... ergo, no layover.

You don't get an FAA or JAA certificate at the end of training... ergo you essentially a prisoner of the airline. No other airline recognzies an airman certificate from the mid east. The pay is average for the work performed. Since the airline is not a coporation in the sence of a normal business, being owned by royalty forget any union intervention.

A friend of mine told me that the training includes about 100 hours of simulator training. They don't want their locals who buy their jobs to feel shall we say less than their western counterparts in the cockpit. Oh yeah on some flights break out the prayer rugs. My buddy has observed prayer rituals during flights to and from London which is his current route. There are much better opportunities in aviation than Emirates accorndnig to my friend Eirik.