Old 04-24-2015, 05:52 AM
Gillegan
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: B777 Captain

Okay, so I'm not that great at dissecting theses things and I didn't read the entire 1000 page report but could anyone direct me to where in the report was the so-called "smoking gun" regarding Emirates? What I could find was a few vanilla balance sheet statements for 1996-1999 (?) that had nothing that I could find and then a 1 paragraph statement that said "it's out there" (I'm paraphrasing). In reading the White Paper, I assumed that there would certainly be SOME justification for the charges leveled.

If that's all they've got, disingenuous doesn't even begin to cover it. It would appear that the strategy here is to use the subsidies of Etihad and Qatar (I'm still assuming that there is at least some substance in those claims but given what's not in there on Emirates, that may not be a fair assumption!) to hammer Emirates which IS the biggest commercial threat to the US3 (which may work because it is a country to country dispute).

Gloopy, perhaps you could cite the evidence (other than just saying it's there because I said so). Seriously, that's it?