Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:04 AM
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by GravyRobber View Post
Where are they all going? I know we lost a lot to F9, but I don't think they are even taking apps currently. Are they all military guys just checking a box so they can go to DL?
I have heard there are some military that are getting called during training. But nobody really know where people are going. Sometimes you can ask around. Our old SAPA site had some info but it wasn't updated very often. Most airlines will send out monthly reports, but I don't think they want to broadcast how many we are losing. They would rather just tell everyone that we are happy to welcome our 40 new hires and how our recruiters are really busy. We don't mention how our washout rate in increasing (or that we are increasing our attrition in TRG) or that our booth at FAPA was a ghost town.

If that information was known, then maybe our pilot group would realize they are going to have to increase 1st year pay to get people here regardless if we vote for it. Keeping us in the dark allows them to let us think we are a 3% pay increase away from being the next Comair. We don't want to look at other departments and realize there are several ways that we could save 10-15% and improve our QOL, but that would require us to do it a different way. SGU has just decided to stop working with the pilot group as a partner and would rather just send out emails to subtly keep the pressure on us, while CC sends Forbes an email telling them how safety is our #1 priority.