Old 04-24-2015, 10:35 AM
flymeswa
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2009

Originally Posted by Firsttimeflyer View Post
I wish other airlines would adopt their Jumpseat policy. Get on get your bags up, take a seat (out of courtesy take one behind the exit row unless told different) and if you are needed in the Jumpseat they call you up at the end. Doesn't get better than that.

Or most other airlines you are stuck getting on last minute trying to find overhead space. Then rushing to introduce yourself get settled, not rushing past the FAs today get on time, gate agents annoyed beyond you might make them close the door late etc.
The original poster couldn't have been more correct. Additionally the quote above rarely happens anymore. They print you a boarding category and don't let you board with the flight deck authorization sheet that much anymore. If you ask them to board with the flight deck form, half of them don't understand that jumpseating doesn't actually mean the jumpseat and they say "no there are seats in the back". Explaining further, only confuses them further.

Lately agents have been rude, non-helpful, no preboarding, and a lot of agents have no idea what's going on anymore. I find the entire boarding experience to be a complete disaster once you're on board as well, everybody switching with everybody, never on time. The only pleasurable experience is dealing with the pilots ( who are exempt from all statements above and always go out of their way) and maybe half of the flight attendants.

For those who say fine then don't fly Southwest, I usually don't however they do have a very frequent schedule... and I'd rather it be fixed then just be told to fly on somebody else. It used to be a great experience.