View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by SayAlt View Post
Until you finally become one of the old mainline geezers supporting his 21 yr old trophy, of course.

Funny how this topic exposes the "I want it NOW I don't care about the future" mentality. Point being, age extensions benefit everyone, eventually. If, say, the age limit is extended to 70 from 65 (adding in that 5 years ago it was extended to 65 from 60) and you are in your 50s, 40s, or less...guess what?? The system just added 10 YEARS to your accrued income actuarial chart! This is good news!

Disclaimer: this post is not directed at any particular person. Just a general observation.
I spent 3 years on furlough after the 60 to 65 age change. Furloughed AFTER the change went into effect. So your statement that everyone benefits eventually is a steaming pile of ...

I could go through the economics of how only a few benefit from an age change at the long term cost of all pilots (lower lifetime salaries due to a shift on the supply/demand curve), but it's not worth my time.

'Accrued income actuarial chart' - mashing words together for made up phrases?? Geezertalk.