View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 05:27 PM
AUbuspilot
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by Flymonkey10 View Post
Sorry if this is a broken record...but think twice before quitting your current job and going to Frontier. It will not take long if you're hired to see the hatred for the employees (and customers) this company exhibits minute to minute.

Monk

Fortunately, my experience at F9 has been completely different than monks. It's been so good, in fact, that it may be to my own detriment because I haven't bothered to apply at Delta or United.

While it is true that there are some changes taking place, I aliken most of the problems at F9 to the "growing pains" of rebranding the airline to a ULCC. The greatest culprit being the spreading of the route structure too thinly on the east coast without a pilot base to soften the blow of any schedule interruptions. Again, I think these are just growing pains. Customer service, schedule continuity, and pilot pay will all improve in time. But back to my original point . . .

My experience with the management is limited and only includes: the CPs Office, the Sim Instructors, and the Check Airman. However, any interaction I've had with these groups has exceeded my expectations. (Don't get me wrong, I came over from a regional so my expectations were pretty damn low.) Everyone here has bent over backwards to help me. I've had more life events, including a family emergency, during my first year than I've had during my entire flying career. At every event F9 has gone the extra mile to help me.

Monk is right, you should, as with any big change in life, think twice about coming to F9. But if you do make it here, and I hope you do, you'll find that while the airline is rapidly changing, there are plenty of people here (even in management) that are fighting for the values for which F9 is so well known.