View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 06:03 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by index View Post
The 4/8/3/3 was a rumor that turned out to be dead on. If I recall you were initially adamantly against it and said it would never pass. Then you voted for it.
It should more properly be called 12.8/4/3 with another half point thrown in this month. You are however correct that when I heard the initial rumors I was for voting no. I even voted no initially. Then I read and viewed everything I could find about the contract including a 2 hour talk with one of the negotiators. Changed my vote.
Aside from the rates virtually everything posted here was wrong or a huge exaggeration about the contract. The only error DALPA made in their projections about the contract was underestimating how well it would turn out.
The contract also broke the logjam for pilot contracts and finally got the ball rolling at AMR and UAL. Had it not passed I think it might be very possible that no contracts would be done and we would just now be getting before the NMB. I like the choice I made in changing my vote and think it has positioned us far better then even I hoped for this contract.