View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 06:34 AM
Timbo
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Sounds more like a very weak CA. Pursers get fired from the program if caught doing things like that. I always tell them to please move the passenger up and that I will take full responsibility for it and tell the company I ordered the purser to do it if someone writes it up.
How do you know that the Capt. was even aware there was a Pilot stuck in coach with empty business class seats?

We are so far removed from the boarding door, and the entire process, unless one of our own can get to me before I board the aircraft, an hour prior to push, I never hear about it until we are in the bus on the way to the hotel.

I did have a friend going from Joburg to ATL, a DL 767 Capt. who had been my tweet IP in 1983, who had bought 4 tickets for himself, his wife and two daughters. They did a 3 week tour of South Africa and were on their way home.

I did talk to the agent about moving him up but business class was already full. So I introduced his family to our F/A's and made sure they were well taken care of...as well as can be, given he was in the back of a packed sardine can for 17 hours!