View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by MikeF16 View Post
I have a slightly different situation. Trying to nonrev my wife and daughter between nonhub cities. I've got a primary route via SLC, secondary via MSP, and tertiary via either DTW or ATL. Can I list them for all the options in advance since I will not be with them to make things happen in real time when flights start filling up?

In addition, they don't fly much and I plan to use their S2 privileges since they'd just lose then anyway. Is it correct that if they use it for one leg then they get it for all legs on that calendar day?

Thanks

I have listed back-up flights that departed nearly simultaneously but we only check in for one of the flights. If you check in for more than one you can be hosing other non-revs and/or the gate agent.

A non-rev listing alone causes no issues but helps if you need to alter your plans within an hour of boarding. If you check in for more than 1 flight you can be issued seats for multiple flights meaning someone else may not get seats. The gate agent may also spend some time paging you to the counter and depending how busy they are may or may not reissue the seats to the next non-revs in line.

As far as the S2s go - yes. If you are on a S2 all flights within 24 hours should only cost you only 1 S2. This is obvious if they are all on the same listing but I believe it will cover multiple listings within 24 hours.

My recommendation:

List everyone S2.
List for your primary and a back-up.
Check in for primary only.
Once the primary flight opens up (1 hr prior) talk to the gate agent.
Make a decision fairly quickly. If you decide on any of the back-ups cancel any other flights that you have already checked in for.

Most gate agents will try to be very helpful a small percentage may not be that helpful.

Good Luck.

Scoop