Old 04-26-2015, 12:33 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Aloha732 View Post
After some search, I have not been able to find the most current information on the basic reserve rules of non-regional carriers.

Please chime in, with your company's rules.
Feel free to share as much as you think is important.
At minimum please include:

Guaranteed flight hrs. and min. days off per month.
Reserve periods. (times, long/short)
Call out time. (max time call to show)
Call out priority and list. (who flies first)
Trade policy, open time pick up, drops.
Overtime.
Average days called and hrs. flown per month.

Thanks for your input.
VX

75 hr guarantee , 13 days off/month.
Long call 15 hr callout. Short call 2 hrs for SFO/LAX and 3 hrs for NYC.
Call out priority is typically done with day matching and lowest block hour credit. There is a call me first, call me last list, but day matching and lowest block are usually the first metrics.
No open time pick up.
Trade/Drops not usually approved. I believe a new change allows the first or last day of a reserve stretch to be moved around to another reserve stretch at the beginning/end but the reserve grid for those affected days has to be green.
Overtime? I suppose you can pick up a reserve day. There is some extra monetary incentive for example if you finish beyond a certain time of your last day of reserve (eg, reserve window ends 3pm but your flight gets done at 9pm). This gets an additional pay on top of the 75 hr guarantee.
Avg days called and flown depends on the base and season/month. Some guys are getting used up all the time, while others I've heard are headed to the sim for their 3 TOs/Ldgs.