Old 04-27-2015, 06:06 AM
k1600gt
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by LTdan View Post
I would highly recommend NOT going to ATP. If you do go, you'll be trained by a 90 day zero to hero instructor, who was taught by another 90 day instructor. I was not a student there thankfully but in my experience with ATP, the experience and knowledge of the instructors is weak. They train for checkrides so don't expect any above and beyond knowledge. Also, they are not customer oriented. ATP cares about your money and that's it. They do not care about your training experience.

The airline partnerships are pointless, every regional in the country is clamoring for pilots. Any pilot with the hours and the certs can get a job. No one will be impressed because you have ATP on your resume. Just the opposite is more likely.

For retired military, look for a 141 school where you can use your benefits to pay for your training.
Thank you for your assistance. I've read a few responses on other treads complaining about the quality of the "Teach to the test" or "copy of a copy training". As I'm new at this what's the best alternative to the so called "pilot mill" flight schools?