Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 07:39 AM
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Grow??? Maybe you mean shrink the least. What regional is going to be able to grow in this environment with the parking of 50 seat lift and the lack of pilot canadates?
Grow or shrink it's all the same to me. Since I have made the decision to move on, and SW has made it clear they have no desire to reward those with longevity, it really doesn't matter which direction they decide to go. I have other sources of income so the "be careful or we will go out of business" threat doesn't hold much water with me. Treat me like a professional that contributes to the success of the organization, or make veiled threats about what you will do if I don't comply. See which one works out best in the long term.

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
The "future" bonus money is in there because you lose leverage if management ever goes through with it. It probably is a carrot as well but having in there when they probably don't need it right away only gives away leverage. If that language wasn't in the pay package and it passed, later on if they wanted to give out bonuses, they would have less leverage because you would know they feel they need it.

Anyway, didnt they say one of the other times you guys were voting on a a pay package that they will "looking" into CS abuse? And shouldn't you only be picking up from posted pairings anyway?
If can't even trade trips one day forward or back because everyone is so maxed out right now. If I was awarded 75-78 hours, it is possible I would pick up a local or two day here or there to help out a fellow employee. When I help out someone, I never take the extra money they are offering. I feel that is wrong that people need to bribe others to help them out. I have not once, nor will ever, pick up the phone for a CS call. And I consider it a two way street. I don't ask them for help either.

Last time I asked for anything was to move my 4 day trip to start one day earlier. There was another 4 day that I would have been able to do one last trip with a friend before they moved on. Called CS and they told me I couldn't trade because we were below reserve minimums that day. We had 4-6 reserves every day of the month and the minimum was 20 something. When I informed them they were below minimum everyday of the month, they gave me some story about how my trip would be too hard to break up if they needed to because it didn't come back to base like the other one. Good to know. At least I was reminded why I never talk to them and now I won't feel as bad about not answering my phone over the next couple months.