Thread: Flying close.
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Sliceback
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

Night AAR with new boom operator getting trained...great. :-(

Everyone's stabilizing right next to the boom...and the boom just sits there.....okay....you want ME to move over a foot to get it??? And you start chasing the boom just as the trainee decides to move it to plug you. Argghh. Both start chasing each other for a second until you decide to back out and start again.

Next attempt .... stable...and the boom is just sitting there....okay, you want ME to plug myself??? And the boom operator decides to move the boom at the same time and the out of phase dance begins again.

It's happening to the entire flight. Night AAR SOP - 'everyone gets two plugs, on/off, on/off, and then we go drink beer before everyone gets vertigo. It's not happening tonight...around and around the track we go....beer time is being wasted. It's a frustrating night trying to get plugged.

Last guy is on the boom. And the boom/receiver dance starts. FM radio call (inter flight, not heard by the tanker crew) - "just pretend it's your boyfriend and by now you're tired of him fooling around and teasing you - "just stick it in me!" LOL.