View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 05:50 AM
Ewfflyer
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

JD, it's good to see that there are pilots out there that are still actually willing to do actual work. It feels much more satisfying when you can do the same job or better with supposedly "Less" equipment. You obviously realize what the job is and take it for what it's worth. I'm confident one day you'll get rewarded in a very good way for the effort. I feel I'm in the same situation as you are, well soon I won't be in a sense, I just got my reward. A Piper/TBM dealer closer to home than my current job needed a new full-time demo/delivery/safety pilot. Going from unknown hours to a set 8.5hr day(with occasional extra hours) with a great benefits, plus brand spanking new airplanes, it'll be sweet.

So I guess what I'm saying for others out there, just because it's not a cake-walk job or whatever, maybe it's the perfect job for some of us who are willing to work for that money, and really enjoy doing certain things attached with it. My 135 freight/pax job I loved the flying. I hated the sitting, but the flying was definately the most challenging and experience building type you can find. The money wasn't bad either, my first 6 months was @ $27k/yr also, but you get very "nice" raises each 6 months. BTW, they are looking for new hires for the Cessna 310 line pilots.