View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Yazzoo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: E175, Left

Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
Excuse me if this has been addressed already, but if you go into the military it isn't just changing flying careers, it is agreeing to sacrifice your actual life if called upon to do so. You pose the question as if it were simply a career question, but have you considered the possibility of being taken prisoner, tortured, maimed or killed? Your question seems to be what can I get out of being in the military, when the question is what can the military get out of you. It is called military service, afterall.
Right. I am an airline captain, not a middle schooler playing Call of Duty, but boy do I love being spoken down to

Everyone else who is posting legitimate advice, thank you very much. I am a hard worker and if the military wants me to fly their jets a certain way, then that's how I'll do it. Nothing worse than that person in ground school who always goes "well at my last airline, we used to do this"...

The closest ANG unit to me with fighters is the 144th Fighter Wing in Fresno. Does anybody have any contacts there I could speak to and arrange a base visit? I have at least 1.5 weeks off to work with