View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 07:40 PM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by Olive View Post
Hello all, I had an interview for the GA Ops Inspector about 4 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything. Any information on how long it takes to be notified either way?

I did check USA Jobs, and it still says "referred"

Thanks for the help
Impossible to say. Some HR departments may be overloaded. Some hiring managers may have lots of candidates and responsibilities/duties in between selecting new employees, in other cases they may have already made a selection and it unfortunately wasn't you. Sometimes the hold up is HR figuring out what grade they should make you an offer for, sometimes there significant safety priorities that "stop" almost everything else in the office for a while. The only way to know is to call. It's usually not a bad thing to call if you know who the hiring manager is. The official offer comes from HR though and managers are usually not allowed to tell you or anyone else who is hired until that offer goes out (manager tells HR who they've selected, HR sends out letter). HR usually tries to call you. They also do a background check before making a firm offer, so sometimes that boggs down the process. Good luck.