View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:34 PM
Yazzoo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: E175, Left

Ok guys, I'm sorry if I came across as cocky or arrogant, because I surely didn't mean to. It seemed like he was talking down to me in my post, as if I didn't consider truly wanting to serve my country and the more serious aspects of military service. Of course I have considered the fact that I might be injured/killed/etc.

My bringing up being an airline captain was meant to show the contrast between my level of experience and that of a young kid who just thinks "The military is cool, I'm good at COD so I will apply and drop bombs and kill people LOL!" Not saying I'm better'n anyone else, even though that seems how people interpreted it. I was NOT saying "I'm a captain at an airline, so this will be a breeze, I don't care what you have to say"

I know that heading down a path of serving my country might result in injury/death/sacrifice. That was the first acknowledgement I made when I considered it as a career choice. The purpose of this thread now is to pick a smart way to move down that path. So please don't hold what I said against me, because it seems like something was lost in translation, and I apologize if anyone was offended.