View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 08:50 PM
Big E 757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
That's actually my whole point- the 717 was a sales point to push C2012 through. That is where the rub is, in my opinion, and that sort of sales job behavior from the unionoids is not ok. Give us the facts, good and bad, and let us make the call in the memory rat. Remember the whole "bigger things are coming, you won't even see the second 3 percent raise" line? We just got a .55% raise to bring us back up to the average of our peers instead. Had Caplinger not stepped on his crank so hard, that behavior would have pushed us at least to a representation vote.

In Ed's own words after the fact, the 717 was too good of a deal to pass up.

I hope they behave in a more appropriate manner this time. After my recent encounters with my new reps and an MEC higher up recently, I have more confidence this time that my hopes will be realized.

Hope is not an effective strategy!!!

This is going to be my response to everyone that "hopes" our union is going to deliver us something more ground breaking than last time.

I'm not a DPA supporter, but I've been here 15 years and the only thing that has changed is that now, when the union gets a TA with management, they sell it to us vs. just presenting it to us and allowing us to make our own decision. (And they sell it hard, but it's embarrassing)