View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Hrkdrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Fairly local

Originally Posted by Hawaii50 View Post
In my experience scheduling usually notifies you the night before. Should be a done deal as long as the trip/training stay as planned, trainee is not sick etc. If they don't call for some reason, give them a call the night prior and see what's up.
You will get pay and credit and you can white or green slip another trip once you're officially removed from the current one. Good luck!
Originally Posted by RockyBoy View Post
1. Scheduling will call you about 6-8 PM the night prior to the trip. Until then, it is technically not bought.

2. You cannot WS or GS a trip until the trip is bought so you can't do anything until then.

3. They are typically scheduled 1-3 weeks out so it isn't too early to be on your schedule. Don't get that excited, because things can change with the schedule. Once it is scheduled the LCA typically cannot swap to another trip, but he or the other pilot can get sick or the guy in training can get delayed a few days and throw a wrench into your trip being bought.
Originally Posted by duder View Post
I had this happen to me last month so I can speak from experience. First, they will not release you until at least 7pm Mecca time since that is when they go through the next day's list to make sure everyone is in place to have the trip covered. I tried calling 30 min early to avoid having to commute to ATL for this very reason and they were adamant that they had to wait til 7

Second, like other have said you cannot white slip/green slip anything until they have officially removed you from the trip.

Third, not too early to get excited. Mine was on my schedule 3 weeks out. With the training pipeline and near max on all fleets the chances of you getting released are 90%+.
HI50, RockyBoy and Duder, thanks for the gouge. I'll sit and wait and see how this plays out. Fortunately the trip is commutable on the front end so I can get an answer the night before I would have to travel. Very cool.