View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 04:44 PM
bay982
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by VFA201 View Post
Well, the details have been released to both pilot group now, so I figure I can post them here for everyone who was asking about it. It's ugly. Really ugly.

The top 1,646 slots go to SWA pilots.
The next 116 AirTran captains are ratio'd with the next 725 SWA pilots.
The next 208 AirTran captains are ratio'd with the next 1351 SWA pilots.
The next 581 AirTran captains are ratio'd with the next 2018 SWA pilots.
The first 142 AirTran FOs are ratio'd with the next 142 SWA pilots.
The rest of the 649 AirTran FOs are stapled to the bottom of the SWA FO list.
The pilots hired at SWA after the merger was announced are next.
The pilots hired at AirTran after the merger was announced are next.
The pilots hired at both carriers after the transaction closed on May 2 are in DOH order at the very bottom.

In short, what that means is that the very first AirTran pilot is number 1,647 on the list. After that, a minority of the AirTran captains are ratio'd in with the SWA captains. The majority of our captains are merged with SWA FOs. A small minority of our FOs are merged in with the bottom of the SWA FO list, and then 80% of our FOs are stapled (myself included). The average loss of relative seniority for us is 22%, with it being as much as 35% for those hardest hit. SWA pilots gain between 6-12% relative seniority.

So, there you have it. The MEC still has to vote on whether to send it out for a membership vote, so it's not final yet. That vote will probably take place in two weeks or
Just a thought: Before merging AirTran had 140 airplanes to SWA's roughly 600, so for the ratio sections you mention it at first glance makes sense that you'd have about a 1:4 ratio, no? Open to correction--