Old 05-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Skyvector
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by CFIatKFXE View Post
PSA is actually my top choice but in the long run as envoys flow speeds up, it might be a better choice with career opportunities. I would choose AA in 5 years over almost no reserve and quick upgrade at PSA.
Only if i could rely on 5yr rumor....
He's trolling you. Don't take anything he says seriously. My advice? If your goal is to get to a major relatively quickly, don't go to PSA.

You will wait 20 years (literally) before an opportunity to interview with AA. And since PSA pilots can't be hired at AA outside that agreement, you have just eliminated one out of three majors..leaving your only options Delta and United. And now you are competing with the rest of the pack for the same jobs. Military pilots..Captains from JetBlue and Spirit, pilots from Atlas and Omni with 747 type ratings, etc...

Plus the thousands you will spend attending job fairs just for a 5 minute handshake with a recruiter, plus thousands more on interview prep companies...

That's the game most pilots have to play because they have no other choice. But an airline with an enhanced flow and shrinking pilot group like Envoy is good insurance.