Gets Weekends Off
CLT Guy
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2014
  • Position
    CL65
Quote: If flows are a gimmick then why are all you PSA sallys desperately trying to get one? Why is your recruiter getting up and begging the CEO of AA for an Envoy style flow? Because it's a gimmick? Get real.

See that's the problem with being a PSA cheerleader. Eventually you are backed into a corner and begin speaking out both sides of your mouth. I know it's tough to be at PSA and looking at a 20 years before getting the privilege to interview (not flow) at AA. If anything, THAT is a gimmick. Meanwhile Envoy is sending 30 pilots a month to American Airlines with NO interview. Just flowing like a base transfer.

Now I'm sure you are a relatively smart guy. I'm also sure you have a calculator. If Envoy is at 1200 to 1500 pilots, at 30/month going to AA how long will it take to go from Envoy new hire to AA new hire? Keep in mind 30 is the minimum that Envoy has to send per month.

Gimmick? That is one hell of a nice gimmick...especially when you go from an E-175 to a 767 in 5 years.
I am not in a corner. It is a gimmick. It will work for some people, but it is not a solution to the problem. Do you think that a flow makes all of the abuse that regional pilots have been getting for years makes it worth it?

It is a gimmick. A real solution would be a seniority number or everything larger than 50 seats at mainline.