View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 12:01 PM
tothebigblue
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Wynncore View Post
A: Upgrade is indefinite...meaning endless.
B: Probably pretty good.
C: At least two years, if not longer...no upgrades mean no movement up and with junior FO's leaving for other regionals means nobody below you to get you off reserve.
D: Upgrades are beginning to happen on the CRJ to the tune of 6 per month, but those numbers won't even make a dent in the number of FO's who've been waiting 7+ years to upgrade.

ExpressJet is a good company, we treat our people well (yes, I know some people will disagree with that statement), our pay is on top of the industry and our contracts which were negotiated in the mid 2000's are better than those being negotiated now. I can't really recommend this airline to you unless A: You live in one of our bases and B: You're willing to get on now when nobody is looking at us and are willing to gamble with the "buy low, sell high" method and hope that this place turns around in 12-24 months.
Couldn't explain it better. Reserve is a pain (been on it for a year and a half as an FO). its tough seeing others up grade at places like compass and PSA so quickly after jumping from here but i do believe that is going to bite them in the rear come (not just them as a pilot but the company that upgrades them) eventually pilots are going to be very scarce. If you are gonna be stuck on reserve, mine as well be at this place with the decent work rules and cancelation pay (look at how many flights RAH cancels).