Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 03:04 PM
tailendcharlie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: Airbus CA

Originally Posted by tyler durden View Post
I would never question anyone's decision for leaving Allegiant at this point, but would hate to leave right before a breakthrough. I think the pressure coming from the investor side to expedite the resolution of labor disputes, combined with constant diversion of senior management resources towards legal/NMB issues and industry compensation quickly trending north, I might expect to see a contract by the end of this year. Management is growing tired and weary while IBT is just getting warmed up.

Just a guess, but the union and the pilots have been surgically effective at punishing the company and I don't see that changing until a contract is signed. Management knows it, so do the investors, the media, he11, even the average passenger routinely asks if we are striking today. :-/

The plan so far, including the strike attempt, was well planned and effective. The entire world knows about us now and the stock has not rebounded since the strike attempt hit the headlines. Up until that point, nothing seemed to affect the ever climbing stock price. Since then, a rock-solid quarterly report, along with endless accounts of court action defeating the strike attempts, the stock is down 20% with no sign of returning. By all accounts, because of those damn pilots. MG will retire someday soon, maybe sooner than he thinks. Other airlines have turned around, Allegiant might too
My personal opinion you'll never see his signature on a contract. He "retires", shareholders force a change, a merger, or they somehow succeed in breaking the union.