View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 04:07 PM
stickwiggler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Part 121, 135 & Military background

Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
Hey, just wondering what constitutes a check ride failure. I went to Riddle and ratings were basically divided into 3 stages. You took a stage check at the end of each stage with the stage three check being your end of course. Riddle is self examining except for the commercial end of course you have to use a D.E. I've failed a few stage checks and an end of course, so I guess I’m just wondering if I have to say I failed an FAA check ride. I know at Express jet they specifically ask if you failed stage checks so I plan on telling the truth. However, some companies ask only about FAA check rides. Are stage checks and end of course at self examining schools the same thing as a FAA check ride.

I have not been a cfi since the early 90's, but i think the "technical answer" is no, but you would be a fool to enter anything but complete honesty. More people have been fired after starting training for not being forthcoming than have not gotten hired because of a busted check ride. I busted my commercial fixed wing add on (was helo pilot first) because my instructor failed to teach aggrevated stalls. I answered yes, it was no problem. Another case in point; had a student, nice guy-horrible pilot- failed every checkride at American flyers (instrument twice) got hired at ASA. Last week I ran into him and he just got hired at Delta.

Just be honest, don't sweat it, and go fly. Experience is the most important thing.

Stick

P.s. "Good Judgment comes from Experience; Experience comes from Bad Judgement"