View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 05:53 PM
CaptainMark
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: FDX A300 CPT

Originally Posted by Daniel Larusso View Post
CaptainMark,

Your theory would have some merit if FedEx hired the same profile as most other majors. By and large they do not. Your average FDX pilot civilian or military tends to be hired at an older age here than at other majors. I know that there are people like you but that's not the norm. As a sidenote, I suppose they do it for cheaper pension payouts but it also allows some of us pilots to puff up our chests and feel that were better or more qualified than our counterparts at other carriers. Anyway your typical ex-regional check airman type who comes to FDX likely has the same wife and 3 kids that the military guy does, he's just 5-8 years younger but equally uninterested in living in Paris or Hong Kong on 50 bones an hour.
mine was just an example...but if a bid comes out without the LOA do you really think that noone will bid these domiciles?...senior bus FOs flying SIBA will gobble up the 757 CPT slots and the subic guys will gobble up all the HKG slots...we all know it regardless of what the subic guys are saying now.."THEY ARE NOT COMING HOME"...remember this is the same crewforce that flies every single disputed pairing...

Last edited by CaptainMark; 06-30-2007 at 05:58 PM.