Old 05-15-2015, 11:22 AM
Glofliser
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CRJ-900/700/200 CA

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
Incorrect, the subsection being refered to is in section 45. Section 45 starts off with this:

There is no JCBA
There is no list merger
There is no Merger of MEC's

That is the statement of purpose of the entire section 45 of the polcy manual. The PSA MEC has pulled subsections about transfer of aircraft and crews for their own purpose which is NOT supported by the purpose of the policy.

Their purpose is to avoid a staffing problem, which will prevent them from obtaining a better flow to AA.
I think you have to ask your MEC about the details. They should know. I just forwarded the e-mail we got from our MEC so you could read for yourself why this letter even was written.
Regarding the staffing levels and attrition;
according to our recruiters they continue to fill the classes. The problem is that there are too few qualified FOs to upgrade. Therefor the hiring of DECs is imminent.
We have lost some 105 pilots to attrition this year alone. 30 of those failed out during training, both initial and upgrade. My seniority is around 900 and I have climbed 91 numbers since the year started.
So, my conclusion is that things at PSA are still moving. 50 new hires are coming in every month and about 25 pilots are leaving. That's a net 25 and slightly below what we need but with the buffer we have in training it will work out well with 3 aircraft deliveries per month. Training is catching up fast now and more and more Check Airmen are getting qualified. I don't see any direct problems at this point. It could be different 6-12 months down the road, who knows? Until then, this is a great opportunity for those who are joining the company, especially now when the DEC is being offered. Get in, get TPIC, move on