Gets Weekends Off
Tuck
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2006
  • Position
    MD11 FO
To echo what Albie said - I don't think anybody, pilots or management, has any idea day to day on how many will get hired. We've had steady retirements for some time - several years now and have hired almost zero. In November, SCP said authority to hire 200 and over the next 6 months I think we started (what really matters since this company has kept people in hiring pools for several years at a time) around a dozen. In March this year we heard that a total of 14 I believe had been authorized to hire. Now we hear 500 but the seniority list hasn't budged in several months.

I wouldn't hold your breath. We will continue to have steady retirements - looks like average age is somewhere between 64-65 (i.e. not early) but the Company seems to be able to get by with what pilots they have. 500 in next two years? Well recent history would say that it won't be anywhere near that - maybe half, maybe less. When will pilots actually start? Who has any idea?

As always take the first job you get offered and don't wait on a job here - you may end up waiting several years.