Thread: DAL Poolie Info
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 12:51 AM
Flying Elvis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Utah Chapter

Originally Posted by AggieRush03 View Post
I'm a new hire from the Dallas area and don't have a preference yet for a domicile. I need to remain in Dallas for family reasons for a while, and I would like to get some input on commuting out of Dallas. Are there any domiciles that are easier or more difficult (impossible) than others?
Zero experience first-hand here, but since I've got a lot of friends from the area who are in various parts of the pipeline between application and indoc, I've been asking around specifically about that commute. There's a capt I've flown with a few times who commutes from DFW to NYC and says it's really not that bad. Obviously requires a crash pad. All the DL flights are DCI and mostly into LGA, which means no jumpseat pre-booking. But there are about 20 other airline flights DFW-NYC any given day to look at as well, plus SW and VX flying out of DAL.

Commuting on weekends on DCI looks tougher - only 2 DFW-LGA and 1 DFW-JFK. I just looked up Saturday and it looks like a handful of active folks missed the last bus to work. But again, you've got lots of other options.