View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 07:07 AM
stickwiggler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Part 121, 135 & Military background

Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
Smart they are. Midwest Airlines flys 86 seat 717's.

I don't know this, but many people feel that they put that in the contract with no intention of flying them. That maybe management did that as tool to cap the pay to make the regional guys fly them. Here's the argument that supports that.

Regional jets at Legacy carriers don't work. per seat mile cost is higher with less seats. The only way Delta is going to make money with their more expensive work group, labor contracts, rules and general attitude of how many people it takes to get the job done, is by flying bigger airplanes (which is the trend at Delta) not smaller.

Why would Delta management give regional airline managment that they do
not own such a tool? 1. The are the puppet masters...... 2. The cost would eventually get passed on to the Legacy when ALL regional pilots pay goes up.

I don't know if you know this, I'm not even sure if it's true, but I heard the rate they agreed upon was $95 an hour. That's less than ASA makes for the 70. I can't see a Delta pilot flying a bigger plane for less pay than an ASA pilot in a smaller plane. Infact, I'd bet the farm against that.

Stick