Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 09:25 AM
LNL76
Junior Senior

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: Whiskey Papa

Originally Posted by SayAlt View Post
Irrelevant. No, it doesn't, unless you are a gazillion-mile FF member. Besides which surfing the internet was not going to help in this situation.

So what? That doesn't mean she knew he was suicidal (see below).

Actually, no, it doesn't. In fact not at all, given the context. Truth is, you (and Tim, and DENpilot) are coming across as being pretty dang heartless, LNL. And, as usual for you, completely kneejerk defensive of FAs.

Fact is, everyone here knows FAs can be very cold, cruel, and heartless. Indeed, one could write a whole book on the topic, as we all know.

Be serious. You're kidding, right? In today's society?? Apparently you didn't hear about the Amtrak passengers stepping ON and over hurt people to get out of the derailed wreck without bothering to help them, just as an example.

Here's more on the story...

How so??
Negatory.....my dear. I don't always defend FAs, in fact have a look at Post #57 of "Alaska Airlines win JD Power Award." "EVERYONE knows FAs can be cold, cruel and heartless?" Have you taken a poll of EVERYONE or just your pilot buddies? I know most people DON'T feel that way. Maybe it's because MOST people know how to behave like rational adults and not push FAs over the line. Do you ride in the back at all and see what goes on? Honestly, I doubt I could ever work with regular pax again. Too many of them are smartasses and think buying a ticket entitles them to do whatever they damn well please, whenever they damn well please.

Are there bad FAs, sure...but there are bad pilots, doctors, lawyers, teachers, car mechanics, cashiers, etc., etc., etc.

As a matter of fact, I didn't hear/read about people stepping over victims on Amtrak. I heard people helped. Either way, NO ONE knows how they'll react in a horrific situation such as that. The survival instinct is very strong and may override the feeling of helping others. I don't know, and hope to never find out how I'd react.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about painting the airline in a bad light to get a big payoff. Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.

Last edited by LNL76; 05-17-2015 at 09:35 AM.