View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Airsupport
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by ExperimentalAB View Post
Now is not the time. We all appreciate everything that those, such as the Comair Pilots gave up, but I cannot see how this directly relates (or quite frankly, indirectly) to the SkyWest group.

You are wrong that Jerry increases our Pay incrementally only to stay ahead of those represented by ALPA. Partially, I am sure, but now wholly. Ya'll have been BURNED so much by Mgmt that you can no longer believe that there is some good out there. And some of that good is in our Mgmt team. Sure, we could fight for a few nickels here and there, but it's not all about ME, ME, ME. I want to see the company succeed and do well, and I have no problem making small concessions to make that happen...Maybe I'm just a team player ::gasp::

The SKW Pilot group joining ALPA is NOT going to benefit those at Mesa or TSA, get over it. It is NOT going to benefit the Pilots at SKW either. Get over it. In an Industry smothered by bad-blood between employee and employer, there are a few carriers out there that have managed to stay above it. Arguments here from those outside SKW are beginning to smack of Jealousy.

And finally, I am SICK, SICK, SICK of hearing from this board's members why SKW Pilots should vote in ALPA on moral grounds. Can you not see how selfish that is? Why would you wish that upon another Pilot group? If nothing else, what is left of the family atmosphere at SKW would DISAPPEAR completely, and be replaced by tension and distrust, nearly overnight. Understand that what you are asking of these pilots is to give up much of what they love about going to work. And for what? To please a few of you? And ALPA, of course...hell, we know they're chomping at the bit for a bit of each Paycheck, with absolutely nothing to offer...imagine that!

Leave SkyWest ALONE. If you were to really care about the SKW Pilots, let them vote ALPA in when they feel it is appropriate.
dude wtf, you have been at skywest for like 2 months right?? you are still brand new, and on probation i am sure. you know nothing about what skywest needs, you have probably only gotten 3 paychecks from them. what do you know about the industry and what needs to happen. you know nothing. you are still spilling out the management propaganda. you think uncle jerry has your best intrests in mind? omg man.

anyway i have changed my opinion on skywest as far as alpa goes. i officially don't care whether they join or not. i won't see any more money if they do join. but i do think it would be in their best intrest to join and have legal representation. of course skywest is a top tier regional now, but when others keep moving ahead and negotiating new contracts, skywests pay wont move (ask my friend on the bro over there how much his pay raise was!). i honestly do agree with ellen for a change, which i have never done before. skywest is heading for a down fall. i have already told you guys what happened in marathon,fl, and now i have found the same situation is happening in 3 other cities where skywest/asa is being kicked out and someone else being brought in. my friend was in a meeting with j.a. a couple weeks ago and the strains between delta and skywest are really starting to show. don't be suprised for some more announcements to come. and like i said they wont be good. the stock price is on its way down, investors are getting leery (sp), and the industry is in turmoil. a united airlines merger is coming and who knows how that will screw things up.. just something to think about.

Last edited by Airsupport; 07-01-2007 at 11:02 AM.