Old 05-19-2015, 05:33 AM
Drofdeb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by 742Dash View Post
Unfortunately the ME3 will continue to crush their American competition for a simple reason that has nothing to do with labor costs.

Service. They have, the MBA infested US carriers do not.

I work for Atlas, which means more commercial positioning flights than I care to make (a feature of the ACMI/charter world). Fortunately international travel is in business.

At all points in the process the ME3 are miles ahead of the American airlines. Check in, the lounges, seats, attitude.

If United/Delta/American want the high yield international business class travelers then they have to stop treating them as SLF. Get the credit card holders and tip jars (!) out of the lounges and get some real food. Get seats equal to the ME3 (and United -- fire whoever thought 2-4-2 business in the 777 was a good idea), stop serving slop for food and deliver it with a better attitude than you see at an airport Denny's.

The American carriers will continue to be vulnerable until they up their game, at least at the front of the cabin. Finding out that the travel department has booked you on American/Delta/United should not be the bad news that it is.
You mean we need to be introspective and actually have to put in the effort to make our product better?
Who would've think it?