Thread: SF Airlines
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 02:35 PM
aviatorhi
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat

Thanks for the reply... few questions about specifics.

Originally Posted by hoover View Post
BMI needs to be under 30.
Was told the Chinese don't do that like the Japanese do, I'm at 33. Is it an unwritten rule?

Blood pressure 130/80 and below. Everything else they'll work with you on. No irregular heart beats.
I'm good on those ends.

Everyone I've talked to likes Unicaviation if they handle SF, if not they still probably can. Every agency basically can work with any carrier. I will say pick the carrier you want to work at for the long term since changing carriers barely exists since you have to have your medical released by your current carrier to move to another and they hate doing that. Even when contract is up.
That wouldn't be an issue, SF seems like it's poised to become China's answer to FedEx based on my research, which is a place that would work for many years for me, particularly given my personal situation(s).

Start the proccess now. Everything takes forever in China. Tons of paperwork and many visits for medical, sim, ATP test. Start studying for ATP test now. Plan on 6 months before you get on line and that may be quick.

Good Luck.
Granted no 757 type now (looks like July is when I start) so I suppose they would still be willing to start talking to me and getting through the basics... is the ATP based on the US ATP? Any question bank / study guide available? I've heard stories about the Sim Evals having a very high workload, any insight on that? Not necessarily concerned but nice to be prepared.

Last edited by aviatorhi; 05-19-2015 at 02:45 PM.