View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 09:23 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
I am not sure how passover pay works, but it would nice if the union would put out one of their "here's how to do this" emails covering passover pay.

I get it that you have to bid a higher seat and not be awarded it, but I don't get how percentage bidding would factor in.

I would think (I don't know) that you would have to bid a seat at 100% in order to get passover pay.

If you bid a higher paying seat at say, 70%, and they gave it to a new hire that is in the 99% range, how does that get you passover pay?
Just to clarify some things, if you have a specific question on bidding the union will give you an answer, if you call.

You will not get passover for a seat unless you bid and can hold it. The company can not put a new hire into a seat unless there is a vacancy. Therefore if you bid every WB seat at 100% it would be impossible to have a new hire go to a seat you didnt have a chance at. One caveat, it is probable that a new hire may not be put directly into a Mem 76 seat and if you are awarded it instead of another WB seat you would not get passover pay when they hire drectly into those seats.