Old 05-20-2015, 12:10 PM
airborne840
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

PM sent. Let me know if you have more questions.

Originally Posted by Benwhaa View Post
Hi all,

I have been out of the airline industry for over 10yrs. and based on current events have decided to jump back in. When I left the industry in 2004, I had a good feel for most of the regionals, who to work for who not to based on my career goals etc..., but things have somewhat changed and I'm at a loss to accurately evaluate a regional, getting there but need more input, hence this post.

I knew the Mesa of old (prior 2003) and would like to know about the current Mesa 2014/15 and some predictions of where they might be headed (I know, the industry is crazy right now, but any predictions would be appreciated)....

Background.
Without going into too much detail..
+5500 hrs, both military and civillian (army-helicopter and c-12 time), prior 121, +/- 1500hrs (about 400s 121 PIC), corporate, total FW +/-3000hrs.
still working on degree.

Situation
Live in PHX, would like to be based in domicile...willing to commute for awhile to wait out time to get PHX, don't want to commute indefinitely 1-2-3yrs etc.. However I will commute in order to get current 121 time/experience to maybe hire on with a major/legacy.

I did the phone interview with Mesa, and got the offer, 900's.

Would like to know what awaits me from class date through the next year, anyones experiences with this etc...

Told by interviewer...
PHX is 6-8 months out for me to hold...
Upgrade time 1.5yrs, but conservatively, 2yrs. (mentioned that upgrade is now not only based on seniority, but also CA recommends???)
DFW or IAH as a domicile until PHX...

My fears/concerns...
Heard mention that all 900's are out of DFW, 700's are the one that are based in PHX, so actually no PHX for me?
Reduced lines in PHX this month, will that stay or just a blip?
Yes would like to upgrade quickly, $$$ and moving on to Major/Legacy, but is that upgrade time really happening.

Last but not least, the training department and climate... I don't plan on failing out of a program, never have, but sometimes I've seen certain personalities force people out in a bad way, in other words personality conflicts, how is the training staff, and curriculum at Mesa? in other words do they throw a bunch of pilots into the training and see what comes out the other end? 50% 60% 70%????

Thanks for any feedback...