Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 12:57 AM
LeTourneauAlumn
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2015

I hope the best for TSA on negotiations but let's be clear. There's a reason TSA was awarded other carriers AC and it's not based on looks.

As a 9.5 year pilot at XJT (8 of that as an FO) I was able to stack $93,000 in my 401k and never even thought about what my Healthcare cost EPO90 BCBS. I know it's a reality of the industry but it hurts that companies like Comair and XJT try to hold a higher standard and pilots continue to hurt the profession, is that mindset so far removed?

I don't blame any one individual so don't take it personal but I'm trying to wrap my head around this quick upgrade/movement concept at PSA, MESA, and TSA?

Again I hope for the sake of the profession that TSA can turn this situation into a win for ALL pilots but I'm not very confident.

I think as far as a career goes getting an upgrade and gaining experience is awesome just not at the expense of other pilots jobs. I am proud that a high number of my XJT comrades are making their way to United in big numbers but as stated not everyone will be as fortunate.

Remember there are 10k CAs already in line for mainline; not saying you can't get out sooner but it's not as easy 1 2 3...

Keep us posted on negotiations and remember, management will always play dumb and act poor when it comes time to pay!

Letu