View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Dragon7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Pressing On
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by gettinbumped View Post
So now that it's YOUR seat they are surplussing out of, you want 24 months. You (and Ben) would have had a lot more credibility if you were on the front lines fighting for the 24 month grandfather when LUAL pilots were getting bumped left and right out of ORD, SEA, LAX and DEN.

Once again, you choose to ignore the fact that ORD 747 and IAH 737 are different animals, despite it being pointed out to you several times. ORD 747 was a BASE CLOSURE. Same as SEA 777, SEA 767, LAX 747. Notice a theme to all these? LUAL seats with tons and tons of bumps. And you are claiming the MEC is biased towards LUAL pilots?? Where have you been? If they CLOSE IAH 737, by all means you will get your 24 month grandfather rights.

It wouldn't surprise me a BIT if the company puts a bid out for IAH 737 CAP's in a year or so. Hell they TDY'd into SFO 737 CAP AND out out SFO 737 CAP IN THE SAME MONTH. Manpower planning has absolutely no clue what's going on. And if they DO bid back into IAH, if you are senior enough to hold it, good for you. But to expect the MEC to all of a sudden hoist a 24 month grandfather to the company (which would require us giving them SOMETHING in return) because YOU are getting bumped when you were happily silent to the LUAL pilots getting bumped from ORD 320, DEN 320, DEN 767, SEA 777, SEA 767, and LAX 400 is RIDICULOUS. Do the math, you're ahead 6-1 in the bump game.

I also find it ironic that you are complaining that the RSV aggressive pickup is being changed to a seniority system because you say it's in the clearly spelled out that way in the contract and therefore shouldn't change. The very same contract you want to change to include a 24 month grandfather. I'm guessing you are a VERY junior 737 Captain in IAH. 2006 hire? You've had one heck of a lucky ride my friend. Just appreciate that you have been lucky to be in the seat for the past 4 years or so.
You would be guessing wrong. Like the majority here I do not prefer to go to training for same or less pay and expect the company to try and jerk me around a bit. I expect ALPA to at least not help facilitate those situations.

On a brighter note have never heard a pilot that flies or flew the Bus not rave about it.