Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 02:08 PM
skypilot35
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: It's hot out here.

Originally Posted by soakingpilot View Post
so you have no specific points about what to improve? ok then i can just assume that you were someone who expected well i dont know what you want which is what im trying to find out

just curious how exactly would i know when the last vote took place? maybe you can point me to the correct location for this information?
thanks

** oh and i forgot. In choosing this regional well yes I was thinking about longer than the first 12 months though if I get this bitter from working here maybe not but the pay is already better than everyone 2nd year and beyond so what did you want? thats the crux of it.
If you are already bitter you may want to consider an occupational change?

Last vote took place 2 years ago. Bro FO pay raise. There are not too many Bro FOs or Bros still around. Management kept that little gem to themselves.

A first year pay raise is a recruiting incentive. If OO really wants to incentivize perspective pilots they'll offer a signing bonus. If they are interested in maintaining their staff of pilots, they will offer a retention incentive.

A first year pay raise excluding the pilots who have more time in the LAV than you or I have in our logbook is a slap in their face.

QOL is what plots want and while that first year payraise seems enticing, a QOL improvement is worth more.