Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 02:19 PM
disillusioned
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by soakingpilot View Post
so you have no specific points about what to improve? ok then i can just assume that you were someone who expected well i dont know what you want which is what im trying to find out

just curious how exactly would i know when the last vote took place? maybe you can point me to the correct location for this information?
thanks

** oh and i forgot. In choosing this regional well yes I was thinking about longer than the first 12 months though if I get this bitter from working here maybe not but the pay is already better than everyone 2nd year and beyond so what did you want? thats the crux of it.
Probably the old SAPA website had it. Maybe you could find it on the new one under SAPA meeting minutes back when they used to publish those. Here is my list of things to improve.
  • Reserve Proffering (Been promised for going on 6 years now)
  • Pilot input on pairings
  • Better vacation accrual
  • Minimum reserve coverage Ratio of required reserves/lineholders (Like ASA has)
  • COLA for each year
  • International Per Diem (since we fly to international destinations)
  • Transparency with PBS (Time and a half for all hours forced over 83)
Don't let just the hourly rates fool you. SW makes a ton off us since we don't have the work rule protections that our sister company has. If SW can't afford to pay us more, then shrink down and get rid of unprofitable flying. Let's get a 3rd party audit of CS and how much money is wasted on a daily basis by just trying to put out fires vs running proper staffing. Treat us with respect and the company may be surprised on what that will do for productivity.