View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 07:25 AM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT
Default Skywest

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
You can do it to yourself, but they can't do it to you.

Do they at least restore your day off that they took?

Originally Posted by chazbird View Post
Pay is a problem at Skywest, its a problem at every regional, regardless if Skywest pays more than others, its a big problem.

So, if its the company comes to the pilots with an offer when they want, what is stopping the pilots from coming to the company when they want? There's no CBA, so there's no set time table. Pilots go to the company and say WE want this. You don't even have to use the "U" word, they will figure that out by virtue of the pilots coming to them often enough. What are they going to do, make you work at a regional?
Even with the "U" word, this applies.

Originally Posted by skypilot35 View Post
Agreed, pay is a problem. It is not enough and it will never be even close to correct or to major airline pay.

The company has no obligation to negotiate union or not. Look how's it's gone for all the guys with a union. In order for a union to be effective a pilot group needs leverage which none of us currently have although I "think" it's coming.

It's not leverage against the regional management I'm referring to, but leverage on mainline management. However, if the feed becomes too expensive then they do the flying themselves. This is what most of us (regional guys) are hoping will happen.

Read the Rand report.
Many union regionals have gotten new hire bonuses, retention bonuses, flow throughs, and improved work rules. At xjt for example, they got rid of the 135 pay (everyone gets paid 145 even if you fly a 135), increased our CBT pay, fixed our red flag trip trades so you don't lose the premium pay for trading, gotten us an employment leave when going to a major, better moving benefits language, no notification EFBs, and they are no longer asking for concessions (we'll see). At commutair, they got commuter hotels and other things. So let's not pretend there isn't leverage from this pilot shortage because there is. It just depends on whether some pilot groups will be able to use it more than others.

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
10 days off per month, 87 hours on average in MSP. Absolutely horrid schedules.

Why does it seem like no one is clamoring about having 10 days off? I don't think any regional other than Great Lakes has that few min days off!

Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post

Good news SP. Since we don't have a union and have an open door policy, send your question to MT, TT and SL. Let them know how unhappy you are with first year pay and how you can't afford to live. Let them know you want SAPA to get another offer to the pilots ASAP. They may ask why you accepted the job at a wage that is so unacceptable, but you could also be the hero for us all by getting a new offer by next week.
Those of us at a union regional can also do that. I've sent questions and comments to our COO and had discussions about them. I don't know why that's a misconception you guys have? Is this part of your indoctrination?

Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post
If you don't agree to the 2 hour extension, you must call in fatigued.

Are you guys at least pay protected if you don't extend?

Originally Posted by soakingpilot View Post
** oh and i forgot. In choosing this regional well yes I was thinking about longer than the first 12 months though if I get this bitter from working here maybe not but the pay is already better than everyone 2nd year and beyond so what did you want? thats the crux of it.
Second year pay is better at AWAC, horizon, xjt, and endeavor, off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
It's only a paycut if you fly really fast or cancel. Would be nice to fix, but there are much bigger fish to fry...like 5.0 MDG.

Even for those of us who are paid for block, this is true. No point in flying fast either way. Especially when the company is telling us not to. So with it being equal, wouldn't you rather get block rather than historical block?