Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 02:42 PM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by OdoyleRules View Post
You have to approach APC with the attitude that 95% of what you read on here is endless ranting, 3% foolish nonsense (usually from the resident trolls), and 2% of actual useful info.

Also I'm not sure if anyone has told you but there is something you should know before seeking employment at SKW. It is a great company to work for as far as regionals are concerned and there are some good folks there flying the line. However the SKW group is known for having an "elitist" attitude among the regional ranks, and it is noticeable to those of us on the outside. I have heard many a rant from gate agents, hotel van drivers, and front desk clerks regarding the perceived rudeness of the crews. They aren't exactly known for being a friendly bunch. Just know that going in
Strange, I've never experienced that in my four years here!

This is a pretty big airline though... 3500 pilots, so you're bound to have some tools in the bunch. Overall, I've met some great people and have some good friends here now. As with any group, I think it depends on the person. Anybody throwing absolutes around about any pilot group is naive, and quite frankly should hang out in the TOTD thread.