Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 04:25 PM
rcfd13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Another RJ FO

Originally Posted by OdoyleRules View Post
However the SKW group is known for having an "elitist" attitude among the regional ranks, and it is noticeable to those of us on the outside. I have heard many a rant from gate agents, hotel van drivers, and front desk clerks regarding the perceived rudeness of the crews. They aren't exactly known for being a friendly bunch. Just know that going in
As a Skywest FO who commutes on other regionals to get to work this is pretty much the opposite of what I've seen. I've been based in 3 domiciles on two airplanes and can only name about two captains I don't like. When I jumpseat to work on other carriers it's about 50/50 whether the crew is good or rude and arrogant. I think I'd much rather work with the Skywest captains I know than the ones I've met in a lot of jumpseats.

One huge issue with Skywest pilots is that they're an apathetic and complacent group. Most people I fly with have no idea what's going on at other regionals and don't care. Most don't read the forums, most don't post here and most out in the west coast bases have never even heard of Endeavor, PSA or Piedmont. The pay votes don't even get an 80% voter turnout, and the SAPA rep votes hardly get a 30% voter turnout. Skywest pilots don't get fired up and pull out the pitchforks like pilots at some other companies.