View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 05:33 PM
Bzzt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
A good reason to not be committed to staffing 170 jets then, wouldn't you say? If we can fly that many or more, great; but our only mandate is 40. Play it your way, Let the pilot supply dry up; we'll just all flow as it shrinks then.

The way it's designed, it works regardless if we are large or small. Either way, our most junior guys are at AA inside of six years under their plan.
AA needs the regional lift, they appear committed to doing the majority of that lift at Envoy, PSA, and PDT. They've committed flow agreements to those three companies in an effort to staff those three regionals. Those flow agreements are not to staff AA, they're to staff the regional level. If that effort fails AA is not going to just shut down one of the companies, they will figure out a way to keep as many pilots flying their lift as possible (metering or stopping the flow).

I'm not saying that going to Envoy as a brand new CFI is a bad idea, in fact it's likely the smartest move right now. I don't think it's smart to make a lateral move to Envoy and the flow is not nearly as iron clad as the company is telling everyone through you.

Edit: If I was still an Envoy pilot I'd be awfully worried about you and the rest of the union cutting deals to ensure your flow at the expense of the rest of the pilot group. It's Team Tony all over again.