View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 11:43 AM
OB Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Maybe someone could fill me in on the process. The way I understand it is that you interview, and if you score high enough they'll send your info to the hiring board. What exactly do they do that the interviewers can't. Is it a formality or do they really look at applicants closely?
I heard I'll need three letter of recommendations, and that SWA guys can submit them electronically but non SWA guys will have to give them for me to hand in at the interview.
Anything else? Where do guys in training stay (hotel)? The company gave me a limited list of hotels that provide transportation to HQ. I'm assuming there's other hotels in the area.
Thanks!

Everyone's interview packet and application will be considered at the decision board. The interviewers are basically just taking notes and making a recommendation to the board. The board is who decides yes or no. SWA pilots can submit an internal rec through our company intranet, external recs can be hand carried or submitted electronically through pilot credentials I believe. You need a minimum of three letters from people who have flown with you and the interview team will call them and talk to them too. Hotel during new hire training is provided by the company. Typically it's the Doubletree (used to be Wyndham) directly across the street from the Love Field entrance. Hotel will provide transportation to and from the training center and HQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk