Old 05-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Captain Quint
Clean side up

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: Forked tail doctor killer, lawyers too.

Originally Posted by idlethrust View Post
Once AGAIN ,everyone that applied to and is working for tgese carriers is completely by choice. No one forced you to work for those wages.To cry about the salary to passengers is worthless,dosent solve a thing.There have been numerous news reports and newspaper articles about this subject and what did it change?Nothing. Management and the unions are to blame.The regionals and some fractionals were never meant to be 20 year gigs.Suck up the low pay,get,some experience for a few years and move on.
Do I think the pay should be more?Of course.Who dosent?
But to berade your fellow pilots for working there and putting food on their table in front of passengers is nonsense to me and unprofessional. The passengers don't care ,they just want to get where they are going.End of story.
Besides most don't understand what a"regional"pilot is anyway. I hope someone out there gets my point and dosent,keep doing this making us ALL look bad.
Idle thrust,
Man, you once again, restated excellent points. But, you have me a little confused. As to your original point, that a fellow pilot was bad mouthing the regional pay situation, I don't see that as particularly harmful or necessarily unprofessional. In this post you said,
"But to berade your fellow pilots for working there and putting food on their table in front of passengers is nonsense to me and unprofessional."
If, indeed, this guy did in someway insinuate that the folks up front of the very plane he was traveling on were in someway not up to par because they worked at a regional, then I would call that unprofessional.

Best,