View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 07:01 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by UGBSM View Post
Im not talking about gutting anything. I've never really seen a better negotiating environment than we have now. The stockholders, executives, and other employees have been well taken care of. It's our turn now...
That's all I'm saying. I'd happily agree to a reasonable TVM without concessions th at still contained significnt gains at all levels including pay. Everyone wants pay, from the 64.5 year old to the hair on fire 25 year old future number one for 10 years new hire. I want as much pay as we can get, for everyone, and tangibile gains throughout the contract in pretty much all sections. But a quicker raise in exchange for even one of the rumored concessions is an absolute no deal from me. I'd take the NMB over some of these rumors any day, even if it means waiting for a raise.

BTW, you mentioned a very high W2 on the 717, and I can only guess that's the result of a lot of green. Cool, good for you. But what if we got a quick "raise" but the company was allowed to spread existing monthly reserves over the weekends and holidays effectively decimating green slip awards? What if the effect of that was a 50K or more pay cut for you, even though it involved a nice on paper TVM raise? Most pilots aren't green all month anyway, and the majority probably never gets more than one or two a year if that. I bet you wouldn't like that would you? There is no need for concessions in this environment. None. Its better work through the NMB for years than to eat big concessions now, especially scope work rules and sick time and PS reductions.