Old 05-26-2015, 07:16 AM
Packrat
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by tm602 View Post
I feel no hesitation to share the facts of low pay, etc with fellow passengers. It does you no good to have them all think you make a ton of money and "only work 8 hours a day". They need to see the price paid by YOU, the labor, so that THEY, the passenger, can fly cheap. Good for him for telling the truth. You should be thanking him.
Amen.

Originally Posted by HercDriver130 View Post
You are the one who doesn't get it... end of story. The traveling public SHOULD be made aware that United Express, Delta Connection is NOT mainline.
AMEN!

Originally Posted by Junglejett View Post
I have had a lot of discussions with passengers about the business, because they ask. When I tell them the offensively low wages of the regionals, they are stunned because they are always told airline pilots are ballers.

But you are right, pilots are responsible for these crap wages. If they are contractual, they are voted on. If they are voted in, then pilots are responsible.
Double Amen!

Originally Posted by idlethrust View Post
Once AGAIN ,everyone that applied to and is working for tgese carriers is completely by choice. No one forced you to work for those wages.
Right.

Originally Posted by idlethrust View Post
Management and the unions are to blame.The regionals and some fractionals were never meant to be 20 year gigs.Suck up the low pay,get,some experience for a few years and move on.
Incredibly wrong. Your "argument" is one step removed from the rationale scabs use when crossing picket lines..."I had to feed my family." Until pilots refuse to take jobs with substandard wages/benefits, the downward spiral will continue.

Stepping stones? Yes. However, just because a job is a stepping stone doesn't mean it has to be compensated at food stamp wages. You're responsible for the lives of 50/70/90 paying passengers. Why doesn't that command high wages? Because you're planning on moving on in 7-10 years? Give me a break.

You might just discover that your regional is your retirement job. Read this carefully:

NOT EVERYONE WILL GET A MAJOR AIRLINE JOB.