Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:36 AM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by Senior Skipper View Post
There have been times when I'm tempted to believe that they're all idiots. I wasn't there on the day in question, but I have been there during a push, when everyone wants to be first in line. All that happens is that transmissions get blocked.

Meanwhile, I just sit and wait. It keeps my blood pressure low, and I get paid by the minute anyway.
Valid.

I seized my opportunity after the 2nd scolding by the controller. After the 1st one nobody talked for like 10 seconds so right after he berated everybody the 2nd time I was able to get my callsign out there. I didn't say anything for about 3 minutes and out of the blue he cleared us to taxi .

That said, when captain Happy had his tirade we all (rightfully) berated him. While the controller didn't stoop to that level of toolery, he was out of line in the way he was acting. It's not always our fault when things go wrong. No need to defend a ground controller when he crosses the line past unprofessional and deep into tooldom.

As an aside, it gave the captain and I something to joke about for the rest of the night.